WHAT IS YOGA?
Yoga is a lot more than merely a form of exercise that will improve flexibility and maybe help you relax… Whilst these two things are true, Yoga is a lot more than the common misconception of an alternative workout to Pilates!
Yoga involves a lot more than just physical postures. The other aspects of yoga include:
- Philosophy, theory and practice
- Care of the physical form
- Mental Health Management
- Emotional Health Management
- Breathing techniques
- Energy work (subtle bodies & Prana work) this includes:
- Aura layers
- Bandhas (energetic body “locks”)
- Mudras (therapeutic hand gestures)
There are a number of different styles of yoga that have come from India over to the West; some of the common ones are Hatha, Iyengar, Vinyasa, Bikram (hot yoga), Kundalini, Ashtanga etc… We now also have some of the modern “Western” adaptation likes yoga with goats, beer, wine (really!) and even naked yoga!! There’s lots of information out there about all these variations.
We teach gentle Hatha Yoga, with a emphasis on Iyengar style methods which emphases correcting physical posture for healing.
WHAT CAN IT HELP WITH?
It’s like having a personal trainer just for Yoga!
Yoga was traditionally taught 1-2-1, so personal training is the ideal learning environment for Yoga. Emma can help you with:
- Postural alignment – which can be the cause of numerous health concerns.
- Modifying your own practice to suit your needs and body type
- Developing a balanced and suitable home practice
- Getting you ready to join group classes
The Crystal Yoga Class is a first of its kind Hatha Yoga Class (suitable for absolute beginners) combined with the therapeutic benefits of Crystal Therapy.
We practice gentle Hatha Yoga in an environment that has been cleansed and charged with the healing energy of crystals!
If you’re looking for effective ways to improve your health, recover from illness, reduce stress and anxiety, increase relaxation and improve your mood Crystal Yoga is for you!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
1-2-1 sessions will be tailored to meet your individual needs and goals, based on your current health, lifestyle and body type. Drawing on ancient Ayurvedic and Yogic teachings and Iyengar style Hatha Yoga. Iyengar style Hatha Yoga is internationally respected for its sophisticated understanding of the yoga asana (posture), precision, subtlety and breath awareness, in physical alignment focused practice. The method is safe and progressive, and postures are adjusted to meet the needs of each student. Suitable for all levels and abilities. A single session is 90 minutes and block packages are available at a reduced rate.
Classes are relaxed, informal and small to ensure maximum attention from the teacher and as to provide a therapeutic and healing environment. Absolute beginners and people with yoga experience are catered for during class, with lots of options given throughout class. Place are limited, so reserve your place now to avoid disappointment. The class timetable and online booking can be found using the link below.
For both 1-2-1 sessions and classes, you will need to wear loose, comfortable clothing, what you wear to workout at the gym or exercise.
PACKAGES & BUNDLES
- At our Chester based clinic
- Initial consultation (15 minutes)
- Full session (75 minutes)
- Personalised treatment plan
- Block bookings (discounted) available
- Pay as you go sessions available (starting at £150)
Crystal YOGA CLASS
- Chester; Cheshire and North West
- Class is 60 minutes
- Limited spaces at each class
- Booking advised
- Block bookings (discounted) available
- Bring your own yoga mat
- Crystals available to buy after each class
AT HOME SUPPORT & WORKBOOKS
- Use at home, fully guided workbooks
- Work through at your own pace
- Download (compatible with tablet & stylus, and a PDF / notes reader e.g. GoodNotes)
- Further online support option available
- Individual topic add ons available
- Special bundles available
- Bespoke meditations available on request